Similar to the first, this method also uses a custom recovery called OrangeFox to flash a custom ROM. Follow our guide to flash custom firmware with OrangeFox recovery. All you need is time, patience, and of course a compatible custom ROM. Every Android OEM comes with a default custom skin called the Stock ROM. Samsung phones come with OneUI, Xiaomi uses MIUI, Sony has Xperia UI, OnePlus has OxygenOS, Asus uses Zen UI/ROG UI, Oppo has ColorOS, etc. That’s how you can install a custom Android ROM on your phone. It’s a fairly simple process and with a little bit of time and patience, you can enjoy a fresh new ROM on your phone with added features, customization, theming, and more.
- On this page, we shared a complete guide on how to download and install Custom ROMs, and stock firmware using Windows and Linux PC.
- Many features are locked in stock MIUI, but in Masik X you will get the full control over your device.
- Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“.
- The OEM developed its own firmware flashing tool known as „Odin,“ named after the king of Gods in Norse mythology.
This way, you’ll be able to install a custom ROM without the risk of damaging your device. Secondly, you can install a custom ROM on your Xiaomi device. To install a custom ROM, you need to backup your phone first. A backup will be saved to your device if you decide to uninstall the existing firmware. You should save your personal data before you do this.
- We would suggest you use TWRP as it has higher success rates and provides a bug-free installation.
- You can Upgrade or Downgrade Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro with a Stock ROM file.
- They are easy to install and have a simple user interface, making them accessible to all users regardless of their experience with Android.
- These firmwares are released by the device’s manufacturer.
Now is the time for app messages, like those of WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Most of those offer in-app backup options and are best suitable for the situation. Read the article linked below, to know more about backing up WhatsApp messages to Google Drive. Are you thinking of flashing a custom ROM, or maybe just a mod? But before you head towards any of it, you might want to flip through this article that will show you how to backup Android devices and why you should do it. Launch MTKDroidtool.exe in Step 2 and connect your phone.
Later on, you will need to copy the ROM file to the root of your phone’s internal storage. CalyOS is a rather interesting custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Instead of not shipping the Google Mobile Services (GMS) and leaving users to figure stuff out by themselves (flashing gapps etc), CalyxOS ships with microG. However, you can choose to enable/disable it, thus, giving you total control. First of all, you will have to identify what type of a brick it is (either soft or hard).
Stock ROM is the default ROM – that is, the operating system – provided by the device manufacturer. Basically, a Stock ROM is the original or you can say, official software designed by the original device manufacturer for that particular device. Stock ROM is software that runs on the mobile device which is stored in the read only memory. A truly Stock ROM does not undergo any cosmetic/functional tweaks in its code by the device manufacturer but has its own unique features to attract the customers. Custom ROM is a uniquely modified operating system developed and built by a third party vendor which is available for older or newer devices before the manufacturer update release. A custom ROM replaces your device’s original Android operating system with a new version of the Android operating system. However, replacing the stock ROM with a custom this link ROM may void the warranty of the device.